Monday, February 22, 2010

A note

Dear Cancer,

I wanted to thank you for entering my life.  Without you I wouldn't know how many people really love me and my family.  You have empowered me to do things I could never imagine.  I know that you actually probably entered my life to try to break me down, not a chance!  Through the many prayers of my Army of Prayer Warriors and my own we will continue to conquer you.  One thing I know for sure is that God has the most power of all and He will not let you win.  Cancer, you are a disease, God is Life!

My children too have learned what cancer cannot do...it cannot destroy this family.  Jakob, Kelli and Joey see their parents sticking to the vows they promised almost 16 years ago "in sickness and in health". Yup "in sickness and in health" - that's a vow my Jimmy and I take very seriously.  This is just a temporary roadblock -- but doesn't even feel like a roadblock.

You may think you won because you kinda came at an inconvenient time in our lives.  Moving to Australia was a dream that we had but that doesn't mean we stopped dreaming.  Our dreams do change after all.  Now we just know that Kingwood, Texas is exactly where God needs for us to be.

Through this journey, Cancer, I have met so many wonderful doctors, nurses & new friends.  Oh and by the way, I'm also being cared for at one of the number one Cancer facilities in the world, MD Anderson.

Cancer, thank you for giving me a new found respect for my faith in my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  I know that I will live eternally with Him.  He is the Great Physician.  He has won, you haven't!!

After only 3 treatments, you had already shrunk by 50%.  So Cancer I want to tell you -- no matter how big you think you are -- you are not big, God is bigger!!

Not only do we have our boxing gloves on but we have our hands lifted in prayer.

Sincerely,

Moni Monk, survivor

1 comment:

  1. you are like a breath of fresh air. My life is better for knowing you.
    Love, Kelly

    ReplyDelete