Thursday, February 11, 2010

Shrinkable







I have some amazingly, incredible news to share with you!


Let me say first that I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith in him is being talked about all over the world. Romans 1:8 (NLT).


We're home from my 4th chemo treatment -- all went really well today.  


I met a new friend today while waiting in the lab to have my blood drawn.  A beautiful woman who also has breast cancer -- Mondie is her name, please pray for her.   


My appointment with my nurse Debbie was great and my appointment with Dr. Green was also remarkable!!  Dr. Green couldn't feel my tumor at first until I lay down -- then she felt it, it has shrunk by 50% -- it is now less than a centimeter.  AN ABSOLUTE MIRACLE!!!  I had told her I had trouble finding it when I was feeling for it last Saturday.  


So you see how amazing prayer is right?  The Bible says in Philippians 4:6, Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 


Your faithfulness in your prayers has brought us here.  I cannot THANK YOU enough!!  


My chemo dose did have to be lowered by 25% because my liver function is 400% above normal.  The liver function test is not normally run for my chemo (Taxol) regimen but because I'm in the RAD001 study it is a requirement to check it.  And Dr. Green told me not to worry about it. Please pray that my numbers come back down in the normal range.  The test will be run again in 3 weeks.  


Jim and I are so filled with joy -- it may be hard to fall asleep tonight.  


My treatment was so much more peaceful this week than last.  I had a really cute and sweet nurse by the name of Ashleigh.  No loud and obnoxious neighbors today.  


Oh yeah I went and picked up a wig today.  Monica at the wig shop is so helpful.  My hair is still slowly falling out.  It's gonna be okay -- I'll have great hair for the next few months.  There are some gorgeous wigs out there.  


I love you all so much!  I am so thankful for this Army of Prayer Warriors I have.


God Bless you all!!


Love & Blessing from the top of my heart,


Moni


P.S.  The "TODAY SHOW" ran a story this morning about a reporter who has the same type of breast cancer I have.  Triple Negative Breast Cancer.  Check it out, read her story and watch the video http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/35347062/ns/today-today_health/



No comments:

Post a Comment