Thursday, February 4, 2010

February 4, 2010


  • THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 4, 2010 8:44 PM, CST
    Another day at MDA.  It was good!  Jim & I did so much laughing!!! Laughter is definitely great medicine!

    The day started out with my pre-op port placement appointment. We actually had a class with another family, Deana & her Dad. We were given information on the power port and watched a video explaining the procedure. Please pray for Deana & her family, she is also on a journey with breast cancer.  She has 2 little girls, 8 & 4. Deana is having her port inserted tomorrow as well.

    Judy, our nurse in Dr. Brown's office today was wonderful.  She had such a friendly personality!  Then we met with Kimberly the Physician's Assistant that works with Dr. Brown.  She'll be there for the surgery tomorrow too.  Didn't get to meet with Dr. Brown today but heard a lot of amazing things about him.  Dr. Brown has inserted 5000 over his career and has been doing this since about 1978.  He is the only Dr. at MD Anderson that inserts these special types of ports.

    After that we headed on down to the main building to meet with the Anesthesiologist, Dr. Andrabi.  He won't be there during my surgery one of the other Anesthesiologists will be.  That was a painless appointment. Nice doc!

    Next we were off to have my blood drawn, my favorite part.  I was pretty bold today and requested Lina to draw my blood.  It was cool, I picked the vein that I thought Lina would be sucking my blood from.  That's the one she used.  And I felt nothing today.  Good job Lina!!!

    That was our day at MD Anderson.  It was good and productive.  

    My surgery check-in time is at 10 am tomorrow.  My surgery will last about 45 minutes to one hour and then recovery is 1 to 2 hours. Once I am out of recovery I will then go for my chemotherapy treatment.   

    I appreciate y'all continuing to pray for me and my family. Please pray for all the people that I have mentioned in today's post as well. 

    Love & Blessings from the top of my heart to you all,

    Moni

    P.S.  I'm starting to blog also at www.monkmoni.blogspot.com (I may be switching completely, but I'll let you know).  God Bless!!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment