Wednesday, February 3, 2010

January 17, 2010


SUNDAY, JANUARY 17, 2010 5:44 PM, CST
Hey!!!

The sun came out today!!  We had a really pretty day here. Church was great today -- we had a guest preacher and his message was wonderful!!  Our church family is incredible.  We are blessed!

It's been a relaxing weekend.  Jim & Jakob have decided to work on a project together -- rebuild an old vehicle.  Our friend Bob is going to help with this project.  Thanks to Todd for inspiring Jim to do this!
 
Jim & Jakob went to a Bluegrass jam on Saturday evening with Bob. Jim got to play Mandi-Lyn (his mandolin) at the jam.  

I did some running around this weekend.  Trying to get things together before the busy week begins.  I'm looking for some cookbooks with nutritious recipes.  I've gotten some recommendations but none of the bookstores around here had any of them.  I wanted to see them before I buy one online.  The search continues.  

I've had a couple of really amazing days.  A sweet friend of mine had a writing assignment, she asked her teacher for a copy of it before she turned it in.  She gave me the copy --  it was about me!!  I am so honored.  On Saturday morning one of Kelli's friends called me from Kansas to let me know that I'm in her prayers.  Kids are amazing!!!

There have been so many people reaching out to me -- I've just mentioned a few things that have happened.  Y'all really have no idea, I mean really no idea how incredibly loved I feel.  

A few things that I forgot to write about in my last journal entry. The results of the CT scan and bone scan I had on Monday came back good.  Praise the LORD!  The only thing that showed on the bone scan was the "trauma" in my upper tibia, which was due to the fracture that I got during the Susan Komen run in October.  

I also forgot to tell you that I asked Dr. Green for a prescription for a cranial prosthesis -- a wig.  I'm going shopping on Wednesday for one.  I have the names of a few local wig shops. Not an adventure I was ever hoping to go on but I'll definitely make the best of it!!  In fact another sweet friend of mine has offered to have a "hat party" for me.

I hope you all had a great weekend and got to enjoy some time with your loved ones.  I know many of our friends ran in the Houston half & full marathon this weekend -- thank you to those of you that remembered me during your run.  Also thank you to my swimmer girl that swam so well because she realized God blessed her with this gift!!  

Please pray specifically that I will be selected to  receive the drug in the clinical trial that I will be participating in at MD Anderson.   

Once again, from the bottom of my heart -- THANK YOU!!  For everything!!  For the prayers, thoughts, messages, texts, calls, thoughts, runs, swims, everything!!!

Love you!!!

Love & Blessings,

Moni 

No comments:

Post a Comment