Saturday, March 20, 2010

Nummer neun

Number nine - Done!!  Seven to go.  Thank you all for your continued prayers.  I know I always say that but I hope you know that I feel like I really can't tell you enough how thankful I am to have y'all in my life.

We actually had a short day this week at MDA.  I didn't have to be there until noon for my blood draw.  Jacquelynn tried drawing my blood but my vein rolled so Michelle had to come in there and finish it up.  I really love all the phlebotomists up there.

At 12:15 we headed over to the Star to meet Ideen.  Ideen gave me a book with Yoga instructions and a CD to use at home.  I then met my Yoga instructor Deborah.  Deborah and I proceeded to the classroom to get started.  Tibetan Yoga is all about breathing it's not like the typical Yoga of poses and stretches.  It's more of a meditative type.  I learned to breath 3 different ways.  Very cool.  I used 2 of the methods the last 2 nights to help me go to sleep.  My Yoga class lasted for about an hour and a half.  It was a very relaxing way to make the time go by quicker while waiting for my chemo treatment.

At 2 o'clock I headed upstairs to meet Jim and Chad (Chad is a friend of ours from Coffeyville).  I then got to see Debbie (research nurse).  I was so happy to see Debbie, it's been a few weeks since I got to see her smiling face.  We chatted for a while and got all caught up.  It was so nice seeing her.




We waited about an hour and a half for me to be called back.  We got started at about 4 o'clock, with Elizabeth being my nurse.  First I get premeds (to prevent allergic reaction) and then I get the Taxol.  This week I also got the RAD at half dose.  Jim crawled into bed with me and took a nap, it's so nice to spend time together up there.  We got finished at about 6:15.  So all in all it was a pretty short day for us at MDA.

People are so good.  Someone dropped of food for us on Friday.  It was the only day that we didn't have anyone signed up for, so we have no idea who it was from.  It's been such a blessing to have all this food prepared for us.  Thank you for providing nourishment for our bodies to all of you.

Mom got in town yesterday.  She's here to take care of me and help me around the house.  I am honored to have such a wonderful mother-in-law.

I hope you all are having a great weekend, spending time with family and friends.  I am!!

Love and Blessings from the top of my heart,

Moni

www.caringbridge.org/visit/monimonk
www.monkmoni.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment