Sunday, December 6, 2015

6th SURVIVORVERSARY!!!!

December 7, 2015 (China Time)

I am so happy!  God has blessed me with 6 years after Breast Cancer diagnosis!!!  Wow!!

It has been a great year for us!

At the beginning of the year I had a little scare because "something" was found in one of my kidneys, after 3 opinions in China I ended up in Singapore with a 4th opinion which was, that it was nothing abnormal.  So you can imagine how excited I was when MD Anderson decided to run some more tests this summer? They gave me the all-clear on the kidney but most importantly the all-clear on the cancer, no cancer!  Again!  
Today on my 6th Survivorversary

I got some more exciting news!  After working really hard for the whole year of walking at least 10,000 steps, outside (if the air quality was good) or on my treadmill (which my awesome husband got for me), I was able to reverse some of the bone loss that the bone density test I had the year before had showed.  I still don't have Osteoporosis.  That is a miracle!!!  Since then, I am still walking almost 10,000 steps a day and have even added some yoga to my routine.  

I have had a very strange health issue this year, which thankfully is not life threatening, just bothersome.  It started in June.  I get random facial swelling and hives (not itchy) on my body.  It is thought to be angioedema, which is swelling that is similar to hives, but the swelling is under the skin instead of on the surface.  So sometimes I look like I got really bad collagen injections.  It's frustrating when I get it, there is nothing I can do or take that makes the swelling go down.  I get many opportunities to practice the gift of patience that God is teaching me :)

I'm healthy.  Praise God with me please!!
1-6 Survivorversaries!

Enough about me.

Jim, Jakob, Kelli, and Joey are all healthy too!  I am so thankful!!  

Jakob graduated from high school here in Chengdu in June.  The same school Kelli and Joey attend. This summer all of Jakob's things were moved back to Texas.  He is happy to be back in his homeland and is doing very well at University.  We miss him like crazy but he will be back with to visit us in 7 days!

Kelli is having a wonderful grade 11 year.  She played volleyball this year, she was team captain.  Her team came in 3rd place at the International Schools of China tournament and they won the Championship at the Chengdu International Schools Association tournament.  Now it is basketball season for Kelli.  

Joey is now in grade 9.  He's in high school.  My baby is in high school, which is amazing as he was only in grade 3 when I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 2009.  Joey is taking a break this semester from sport teams to focus on his schoolwork - high school is much harder than middle school ;).

Jim is busy.  Outside of work Jim has started his own band here in Chengdu. It's been a great stress-reducer for him and lots of fun for us!  We get to see our friends out at the local restaurants and coffee shops while Jim is playing.  Kelli's boyfriend, James has been playing and singing in Jim's band also.  It's so nice to have such great support from our friends here!!

We have had a busy year of work, school, travel, but most of all quality family time.  

I thank you all for your continued support and prayers.  With so many friends and family that are dealing with illness or that have lost loved ones this year we know that life is precious, love those around you!  And find your joys!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Love and Blessings from the top of my heart,

Moni

PS - Please drop me a line at moni.monk@gmail.com anytime, would love to hear from you :)

www.monkmoni.blogspot.com
www.caringbridge.org/visit/monimonk


No comments:

Post a Comment