Wednesday, December 7, 2016

It is my Golden Survivorversary!!

Ok not my 25th Survivorversary, but my 7th Survivoversary on December 7th, so that's why I'm calling it my Golden!!
Golden Survivoversary!

This morning on my way dropping Joey off to school, I was overcome with a song on the radio.  The song is called "Who Am I", by Casting Crowns.  This morning I was grumpy.  Not sure why, I just woke up that way.  The song reminded me how special, blessed, and loved I am!

I am also reminded that God catches me when I'm falling.  I am His.  There is no greater JOY!!

Most of you know that we moved back to Texas from China in the summer.  We live in Liberty Hill, Texas at our home in the Outskirts of Heaven :).

We were really struggling to come up with a name for our new home.  So here is the story.  You see I didn't get to ring the bell the day I finished chemotherapy, which is normally done, they didn't have one in the part of the hospital I was in.  Jim said, "we'll get a bell, and have you ring the bell".  I did end up ringing the bell at MD Anderson the next day, and then again when I finished radiation.  I was looking up some information online about our favourite bluegrass band, The Gibson Brothers, and noticed one of their albums is called, "Ring The Bell".  So I asked Jim what he thought, he said, "PERFECT!"  A few weeks later we watched a great movie on Netflix called "Ring The Bell", it was about a boys' home, I won't say anymore - just go watch it!!  So between the victory of ringing the bell after cancer treatment, our favourite bluegrass band's album name - we came up with "Ring The Bell Ranch".  And then the extra confirmation came when we watched the movie.

This year has been a busy one, but a great one!!  Jim has settled into his new job.  Jakob is a sophomore at university.  Kelli is a senior in high school.  Joey is a sophomore in high school.  All are healthy and happy!!

Now for me - I am joy-filled to be alive!  I'm getting grey, wearing glasses, but I'm getting older, and let's face it, what's the alternative?!?!  I too am healthy and happy!!  At my annual appointments at MDA in the summer, everything looked great!

I will be having surgery next week as I am having some issues with my reconstruction.  The surgery is on Tuesday, December 13, at Seton in Austin.  I would appreciate prayers for the doctors, the whole medical team, my family, and of course a successful surgery and recovery.  I will be in the hospital for 4 days.  My nurse, Jim will be taking good care of me once I am at home.  And of course his helpers, Jakob, Kelli, and Joey.

Please enjoy this beautiful season we are in right now.  Be filled with Joy, Love, and Peace!
Merry Christmas!!

Come see us at Ring The Bell Ranch!!


Love and Blessings From the Top of My Heart,

Moni
#findyourjoy


PS  Here is the link to the song by Casting Crowns https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C53GgUJ6y-Y&feature=youtu.be

www.caringbridge.org/visit/monimonk/journal
www.monkmoni.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment