Thursday, April 8, 2010

Great news!!!!

Okay I'm starting with the amazing news I received tumor has shrunk to about .8 cm (or 8mm).  That's about half the size of what the original tumor was.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  Thank you for everything that y'all are praying for.  For my family, my health, for my wellness, for my emotions, everything!  I am so happy today.  The lymph nodes are also shrinking.

So today I went for an ultrasound to check the progress on the Taxol and RAD.  And also for a fine needle biopsy, which I ended up having 2 of.  But that's okay --- I've now had 10 needle biopsies.

My ultrasound tech was great!  The interesting thing about her was her name -- her first name started with an "M",her middle name started with a "D" and her last name was Anderson.  Get it M.D. Anderson!  She told me when she was in her early 20's she drove by MD Anderson and she decided to go into the medical field and now she works at MDA.  I thought that was cool!

Dr. Deana Lane was my Radiologist -- she was awesome!!  Thank you Dr. Lane for doing such a great job on my biopsies!!

Let's see in the room with me during the biopsy were the Doctor, the ultrasound tech, the research nurse and her assistant, and the person from cytology.   It was like being in a pit stop at a car race.  There wasn't even enough room for Jim in there today.

After my ultrasound and biopsy I went to have my blood drawn.   While waiting all of the sudden I heard, "Moni Monk" -- it was my friend Tammy.  She was there taking her Mom for a bunch of tests.  Here's a picture of the 3 of us.

My blood draw was uneventful.  The only thing was that Lina was upset with me that I've missed going to her the last 2 weeks.  I had to promise her that I would go to her next week.  People at MDA are so genuinely nice!!

Off to wait for chemo to start.  We actually started on time today.  My 12th Taxol treatment.  My last Taxol & RAD treatment.  I requested to be put back on the steroid for my premed.  The last few weeks I had been given Pepcid and Benadryl -- it made me so antsy I just couldn't sit still.  Today with the steroid I actually was able to relax.  Here's a picture of my last Taxol.

Next Thursday, I start the FEC (which stands for Fluorouracil; Epirubicin; Cytoxen) chemotherapy regimen.  I've heard it can be pretty tough.  Please pray that all goes smoothly like the Taxol treatments went.

I am so happy about the news of my tumor shrinking.  I'm fighting and I know y'all are fighting for me with your hands lifted up.  Thank you!!

I love you!!

Love and Blessings from the top of my heart,


No comments:

Post a Comment