Sunday, April 18, 2010

FEC treatment #1

All went well on Thursday.  I have received my first FEC chemotherapy treatment.  I'll go back for my 2nd treatment on May 6th.

I met with Dr. Green and she was very pleased with how my tumor is melting away.  The original measurement of the tumor was 1.9 cm and it has shrunk over 50%.  What a miracle!  The chemo is doing it's job.

I also met with Julia -- we discussed side effects of this current treatment and what to look for and how to take my home meds.

I then went to Lina to have my blood drawn.  That was easy breezy.  I also met with my nutritionist, she gave me some good nutrition tips to help me through the rest of the treatments.

Off to the 8th floor to wait for my treatment where Jim met me.  We ran into Kim and Danny.  Kim was there for her treatment -- we both got called back to our treatment rooms at the same time.  I actually started treatment about an hour early.  The total drip time of the IV's was about 3.5 hours.  It went smoothly.  There's a picture of all my meds that I received on Thursday.

I've been feeling pretty well.  I've felt a little nauseous and tired.  But I have been taking my anti-nausea meds so I haven't felt as bad as I would without them.

Papa made it here Thursday afternoon.  Thanks for the prayers for his safe travel.  The next few days is when my white count will be the highest (usually day 4 through day 14).  I will be taking it easy and keeping away from big crowds of people.  I'm pretty bored with all this "taking it easy" -- so if you have any suggestions as to what I can do to keep busy please let me know.

That's what's going on with me -- I apologize for not writing in here sooner.

Thanks for praying for me and my family -- we really appreciate those prayers!!

Take care!!

Love and Blessings from the top of my heart,

Moni

www.caringbridge.org/visit/monimonk
www.monkmoni.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl, maybe I could send you some fun little card making kits...kinda like scrapbooking, but making cards...you could give them to the friends you have made there...let me know I will get them mailed out to you ASAP...Praying daily. Shelly Cameron (M's friend, Jory's mom:-) )

    ReplyDelete