Thursday, April 21, 2011

Reflection...

About 3 weeks ago I was overcome with the Joy that my cancer journey has brought me.  I just cried out, "Thank you Jesus for giving me cancer!"  I know He did not give me cancer.  What I meant was, "Thank you Jesus for all the blessings I have received and seen throughout this journey!"

I was thinking back how a year ago I could hardly wait for it to be bedtime.  I would wait till 8 pm.  How hard it was for me to get up in the mornings and get our kiddos ready for school.  I just wanted to crawl back into bed once they were off at school.  But now I feel amazing!!!  I have so much energy!  Life is great!!!

I met with Dr. Green (Breast Oncologist) at the beginning of this month.  Everything looked great.  She told me that my appointments would be boring from here on out, which she said was a really good thing.  I will not complain about boring appointments.  My appointments will be every 4 months with Dr. Green.

I also met with Dr. Rapini (Dermatologist).  I had been putting off my annual skin check.  Skin was clear!  I have been Melanoma free for 9 years now!!!  Hallelujah!!!

I have upcoming appointments on May 2nd and 3rd.  On the 2nd I  will have chest x-ray, chest ultrasound and mammogram.  Then on the 3rd I meet with Dr. Perkins (Radiation Oncologist) for follow-up.  My last appointment with Dr. Perkins was in October.

On May 25th I will be having my right breast mastectomy and reconstruction on my left breast.  My pre-op appointment with Dr. Hunt (Breast Surgeon) and Anesthesia is on May 23rd.  Also blood work and EKG on the same day.  And on May 24th I meet with Dr. Skoracki (Plastic Surgeon) for my pre-op, this is where he will draw on me to prep me for surgery the next day.

I healed incredibly quickly from my oophorectomy.  Dr. Lu (Gynecologic Oncologist) will see me once a year.  I have been having some hot flashes but they really aren't as bad as I had expected.  Although, sometimes I do turn the air conditioning on high ;) in the house or in the car.

Kids are doing great!!!  Last day of school is June 2nd, we are excited for summer time!  Jim is doing well too.  He just rode in the MS 150, a bicycle ride from Houston to Austin, about 150 miles.

Everyone is happy and healthy in our home!

I pray that you all take time to reflect on your blessings.  Blessings come in all shapes and sizes.  Look for the good in everything.

Jesus died on the cross for our salvation.  He suffered.  He rose again!!!  And in Him we can always find Joy!!!

Happy Easter!!

Love and Blessings from the Top of my Heart,

Moni

www.monkmoni.blogspot.com
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/monimonk/journal
Most recent photo - my hair has grown so much

No comments:

Post a Comment