Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I want to suck your blood...

Last Tuesday I went to see Dr. Skoracki and you know what?  He sucked my blood.  Okay the technical term is actually "aspirating" my blood but I've always wanted to say (sounding like Dracula), "I vant to suck your blood".


The Saturday before the aspiration I woke up in the morning in pain.  The hematoma had gotten so big.  I rested that day and the next.  Rested meaning I didn't get off the couch.  


Dr. Skoracki had me come in.  Of course by Tuesday the hematoma had gone down in size.  So therefore, he decided to drain the blood with a syringe.  Bye-bye lumpity-lump.  


The blood was sent to the lab for testing -- and thank God it truly was only blood and not some sort of infection!!!  Can I get an AMEN?!?!??!!!!


Well, I'm telling you my talent is growing boobs in other places as I have another "boob-like" mass on my back.


Next step...surgery.  Thankfully my manager at my little job is the ultimate advocate about work/life balance -- health and family come first is what she says.


My back will be re-excised Friday.  I guess I have a leaky blood vessel, it will be cauterized and will stop leaking.


This surgery will be a quick one and I'll come home the same day.  


If you don't mind saying a little prayer that all goes smoothly, I'd appreciate it.


Love and Blessings From the Top of My Heart,


Moni


www.monkmoni.blogspot.com
www.caringbridge.org/visit/monimonk

1 comment: